Monday, July 1, 2013

Treading Water



Blogs, by their very social media definition - have to be upbeat. They don't show the mess in ones home, the unpaid bills, the car that has been sitting in the garage for 8 months, the tax return that hasn't been filed, the crashed PC (with the company accounts on it ) or the despair in ones heart. 

Unfortunately last weeks outing to St Thomas was just a little bit too much excitement (and bumpy) for Tyler and he has been back in bed most of this week. He is in agony with his back and cannot walk without a stick.

The kids finished up school this week - with William and Georgie starting out their new homeschooling adventure, which frankly fills me with dread right now - as I cannot see my way to taking on another thing, let alone find the energy to order textbooks and teach myself Grade 5 maths. I will find my enthusiasm for it again, no doubt.

Our holiday plans have by necessity been put on hold, but we are hoping to have this resolved in the next day or two. There is so much to be done here anyway - as the bakery plans have also slipped and we have been treading water just to get through this all.

I wont tell a lie when I say that these are dark days and there are times that I simply want to give up. It's not like I can run away to a tropical island, either. 

We'll get through this, I know. We have everything in our favour, just not the present. The bakery is doing well, the boys are happy and healthy and we have a roof over our head. We have a lot more, besides.

I also feel that this blog, which I sincerely enjoy writing - has to reflect reality just a little bit, without sounding too pitiful - so as you can see, this has not been a very good week and we could all do with  a bit of a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment