Sunday, July 7, 2013

On the up



We've cheered up enormously since last weekend and it's not entirely due to having successfully booked our tickets, either. Tyler is now well enough to get stronger and has been prescribed steroids and cortisone to help him on his way. He has started to walk without a stick now for the first time in weeks (months).

The kids had a lovely first week of Summer holidays with a couple of days sailing and a few days on the beach, with me going along. It dawned on me that I had never been able to do this before as I had always been working. This really cheered me up.  It's the future.

Then I was so cheerful I spent most of yesterday doing a 'deep' clean of our kitchen, which always makes me mysteriously happy. We also got out all our winter clothes which had been put away 3 years ago and which all looked a bit mothbally. And small. I need two very concerted weeks at the gym and buckets of bee pollen.

Last night we had oodles of sticky ribs for supper and watched the new series of Top Gear where Jeremy Clarkson races America Cup's Team Oracle on their 45" racing catamaran (we are big fans as we know one of the sailors) which was hugely entertaining and then we watched Graham Norton and laughed our heads off.

Today has been pouring with rain for most of the day, so we didn't even feel guilty about sitting indoors watching the Wimbledon Men's Finals which was an absolutely brilliant game with Andy Murray winning. I was so happy, I cried.

Now I'm surfing the internet - happily planning our 6 week trip to Africa whilst Tyler is gripped with a good page-turner which he can't put down.

I'm back to loving life again.

No comments:

Post a Comment