Sunday, May 18, 2014

Climbing mountains

Watching the BVI Dinghy Champs from Emily's balcony and Nanny Cay (Photo Credit: BVI Beacon)

The boys have been racing all weekend as it's the BVI Dinghy Championships and Tyler has made over 200 rolls for lunch. I've ventured down both days and it has been good to get out a bit again. Hardly a hardship, as you can see.

James's first Red Fleet race. Photo: BVI Beacon

With fellow team member Amalie Clark. Photo by Ed Childs

It's been an up and down week.  I'm getting stronger by the day but am still left chronically tired after the smallest exertion, which frustrates the hell out of me. I am going to have to start back at square one to build my core strength up again which had me feeling pretty depressed this week at the thought of it all. Since I don't find exercise or gym easy to do even when I'm fighting fit, this feels like a steep mountain to climb. Anyway I've given myself a stiff talking too (several in fact) and I'm going to start by walking up and down our hill once a day  with some very loud music on the old Shuffle.

I also feel completely saturated by the World Wide Web. It's enough! I don't think I can look at another Pin Board or read another food blog or scroll through endless artisan websites anymore. The relentless number of kale and quinoa recipes becomes mind-numbing after a while and there are only so many Habitually Chic lives I can look at before I want to run off and join the Baader Meinhof gang.

I almost felt compelled to knit this week, which tells you how bad things were getting as I despise knitting.

I've now tidied up the study and my desk. I even sharpened some pencils. I'm going to try a bit of work in town on Tuesday which will also take my mind off things as we hear about James's school application this week. There is no Plan B so it could be an interesting week.

On a positive note I feel rejuvenated on the bakery front. I've spent time trying new recipes, redesigning our packaging and sourcing potential products and stuff for our 'new' venture, if it ever comes off. It's quite easy to get burned out by it all, but I seem to have reconnected with my inner Domestic Goddette with all this time spent at home.

I promise not to Instagram any of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment