Friday, November 29, 2013

Girl Friday, not to be confused with Black Friday



Forgive me yet another crummy Blackberry photo, but I keep missing all these Cadbury Moments in the bakery- so no future websites and cookery books, if I do not put perfectionist tendencies aside.  I'm sure you get the gist, anyway. Lots of baking and pumpkin and pecan pies for Thanksgiving. 

Today is wonderfully wintery - cool, rainy, misty. A Stay-At-Home type of day to sort out the million and one things that need doing, but also to avoid the Black Friday mayham in town today - despite our almost complete lack of shops - as well as 3 cruise ships. This didn't stop me however from doing my first bit of random Christmas shopping and I also managed to over-indulge my stationary fetish. Which normal woman can resist a pretty box of 'merci beaucoup' Letterpress cards? Not this one. And of course they weren't on sale.

So I'm now happily ensconced indoors, sort of getting on with all my Girl Friday things, but not really. We are putting up our Christmas decorations in the bakery tomorrow, which need to be made today - so that's also on the To Do list. There's bakery ordering to be done, cheques to sort out, judo belts to be found, quotes to send out, accounts to update, Christmas cards to fiddle with, advent calendars to fill. An endless moosh of domestic, business, bureaucratic, bakery and family things that just pours in relentlessly.

So of course I thought I'd start with the blog, in no way a priority, but in the same happy basket as the Letterpress cards, which makes for quite a jolly morning really.

So there you go: I'm both grateful and thankful for random mornings. We all need 'em once in a while.



No comments:

Post a Comment