Friday, April 22, 2011

Happy Easter


We've just had a lovely Good Friday. T is working the whole weekend  as the hotel is busy - so we are making the most of just being here and chilling (or 'limin' as they say here). We don't intend to do too much, apart from going to the beach & seeing friends. I'm also planning for the Royal Birthday Party for next Friday (the 29th) which is our Balcony Party for the wedding and me - taira's optional! Being part of the Empire, we of course, have a holiday that day.

Late last night the Baker made some Hot Cross Buns, which we ate on the balcony this morning, for breakfast. The boys really enjoyed them:


After a lazy morning, we went off to the beach, as the weather at the moment  is quite glorious - calm, hot and so still you can see all the islands around us like St Croix and Puerto Rico, plus wakes of boats forever.

We flopped around the beach for the afternoon ( me joyfully re-acquanting myself with Nigella's Forever Summer, from which I think I'm going to be cooking from for next week)  and then off we went for to tea with friends. Later we had Fish Pie at home, The boys played on James's new laptop which he got for his birthday on Tuesday , and T and I barely moved from the balcony - it is so beautiful.


That's the boys in the sea on the left hand side!

When I unpacked all our little Easter decorations this week, the last time we had seen them was in Plett last year - where we have spent the last few years for Easter. It gave me a little squeeze of the heart as I remembered friends and happy times. Although always tinged with a sadness of missing, life is good here - as you can see - and our little family is flourishing.

So as we think of everyone across the world - we send you warm West Indian wishes for a Happy Easter and hope that you also have happy days and lots of Easter eggs!

No comments:

Post a Comment