Sunday, June 22, 2014

Island Crusaders

My Friday Night Gluten Free Bread 

I'm pleased Tyler is back and he has promised not to go away again. Ever.

It was a hard week and I was left feeling quite un-hinged at times. Must have been something to do with the 4 jobs I was trying to do all at the same time.  Me and the Coke Fridge have a special relationship these days. I have also joined the movement to ban bottled water. The high point of the week was being parked in every morning by the taxi's in the delivery zone at Riteway and the special negotiations that ensued afterwards. These always entailed being lectured at loudly for at least 5 minutes, despite the fact that I was actually doing a .......DELIVERY.

Summer is back with vengeance. The heat is seering and the humidity is up to it's 100% level again.  Judging by the insane driving and everyday interactions (charming as always) the island is also feeling the heat.

I can now understand why it is necessary to have Crusades at this time of the year. The Almighty needs to be begged for mercy and some respite from the relentless toil and general misery that is our island lives. I just wish it wasn't every night at a million decibels and that the screeching mike could be sorted out. It also doesn't really matter that we cannot understand a word as we do get the general drift of the message anyway.

So, we've made a few changes in the bakery and I am really looking forward to getting back to my office job again. The kids are finishing up school this week and we have the Summer to look forward to. The kids have  some great camps lined up, 'Wasabi' the new boat to fix and sail and a few months of boy-stuff. We will still be working but will also have time to do some sailing ourselves and spend normal family time together .

James is away at his last international Opti regatta, but judging by the results so far, his mind seems to be elsewhere too. He's going to be killer in Lazers.  Georgie and William have worked hard to keep their Mum sane this week and were also indispensable in the bakery. We shall probably be getting a visit from Child Welfare soon, no doubt.

I'm going to spare you photos of children in boats and show you my gluten free bread instead, which I baked at 1am on Friday night.

Don't say we never have any fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment