Sunday, September 15, 2013

Floating World

Tyler and I snorkeled today for hours. The water is very warm at the moment (like about 28 C) and we swam through clouds of sparkling silver fish and watched little baby moray eels poking their heads out and fishies nibbling on the coral. 

I absolutely love the feeling of being suspended in water and entering into the magical,  Neptuney world of under the sea.  We met in the Maldives and our early courting was done whilst diving, with Tyler swimming ahead in his freedive fins which I thought deeply sexy and still do (guess what he got for his birthday) pointing out turtles and stonefish to me. Beats a disco anyday.

Luckily the children also share our passion for the sea and all swim and snorkel like little otters. When we arrived 3 years ago now, we had our 5 suitcases and our snorkeling clobber, which the kids had only really used in the swimming pool before. I think we were in the water within about 2 hours of arriving.  James is shortly to join us scuba diving, as his 12th birthday present was the PADI Open Water course and we are so looking forward to sharing this with him. 

It's when I remember things like this that I realize that we were probably destined to live in this place.

It really is a floating world.











No comments:

Post a Comment