Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Fiddling around with cameras

Boy Photograghy

One of the reasons why I don't blog as much as I would like to is that not only can I never find the scissors or the sellotape, I can also never find my camera which these days I share with the children as only a Martyred Mother has to.

I also don't own an iPad or iPhone (hint hint) or even have a functioning camera on my dropped-once-too-often Blackberry. I am blog creating resources starved. I just have hundreds of ideas in my head. I never seem to lose that (well not that often) thank goodness.

If I do happen to find my camera and it is by sheer miracle charged up, I then cannot find the cable to download the pictures onto my PC. Most days I just give up in a fit of pique, muttering obscenities at the world and then depress myself by looking at other people's beautiful blogs  which all have stunning photos and everyone looks like they live perfect lives where they can find everything and it all WORKS. 

The InstaGram Life. So not my life. Mine's the HoursWastedLookingforThings  Life.

The children take hilarious pictures however - mainly of each other or the dog or the ceiling. Always at an angle, too. Often featuring apps I had no clue my camera had. They also seem to take a lot of photos of the computer and TV. I thought we may be in danger of depriving them of a Great Childhood until I read that this is a good thing as apparently children who take photos of their computer games will go on to found tech start-ups and be successful. I love reading Penelope Trunk, but she is amazingly strident, albeit very funny too. She seems to understand boys, however - which some days I don't. 

 I feel a bit better for knowing that my children all have futures in Paola Alto, but my camera is still buggered.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment