Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Here we go, here we go, here we go


I’ve given some vague thought about new years resolutions but apart from my friend Amy’s years back ("to care less", which could never be topped) the only thing I feel sincere about is to swear less at the kids.  Of course the effort behind this is huge as it involves patience, serenity, maturity, selflessness and fortitude – most of which I lack – but I’ll have a go. The children may even benefit.

Handsome Middle Son sailing on "Triple Jack"
Actually I have another one – it’s to spend less time on the Internet (“getting inspiration”) and actually doing. Facebook is the Devil. I'm also tired of reading snappy blogs on how to make Quinoa Muffins with Cranberry Glaze, or whatever.

In my bid to live ‘more in the moment’ nothing like some good pop psychology to get one going: The Happiness Project is about as cheerleading as it gets. I'm not very good at 'chirpy' as one immediately feels the need to reach for a AK47 which must surely cancel out any of the good.  I do feel like I need to be more, um ...gracious in 2012, however. Someone mentioned that I was looking a bit "wild-eyed" before Christmas. Well hell yes, wouldn't you? But still, nobody wishes to be seen to be uncool n'ces pas? The Happiness Project's not all mad and bad. Anyone who quotes Dr Johnston as saying: “Abstinence is as easy to me as temperance would be difficult” gets my vote in January.  I've read this of course all on the Internet. Ha.

I think we may have good news about the bakery. I need it today - not that anything went wrong, but nothing went right either. I'll let you know as soon as it's confirmed, but I think we may be up and running by the 1 April. This would be a good start to everything. I'm planning the Launch party in my head already. It will definetly involve T's brilliantly spicy gorgeous hot cross buns and good rummy truffles.
The Boss, the Boss's Wife & Dawson's

The year has already kicked off with a good fourtieth birthday party - "Seventies Disco", hence all the Honkies in Afro's. This officially opens the season then, so we're off on the 2012 Rollercoaster!

2 comments:

  1. Well ... I had totally forgotten that I had said that as we chimed in 2010 !! Now, I'd say my resolution is to "be a French woman," which I don't know if that means I will "care even less" or "care even more" !! Love your blog Julia, and your skinny body !! Wow. No need for the dieting resolution.
    Amy xo

    ReplyDelete