Sunday, October 23, 2011

It's quite hard to do nothing


James
I'm quite proud of us. After a very bad start to the day (couldn't find car keys, shoes and a long assortment of other things) I decided to actually cancel the day and stay at home and do nothing.

Well not quite nothing - the house looks like a hell-hole after a long weekend with piles of laundry to sort for the week and other domestic delights, but I just felt very tired of organising things and trying to be on top of things. In fact we all just felt tired.

So when my neighbour phoned and said "would you like to join us for a spritzer on the balcony" (I think the word 'quick' may have been in there somewhere, but after so many spritzers I can't actually remember) around Noonish, we accepted  - probably a little too hastily.

It has been a great day. We watched the channel, we drank spritzers until the club soda ran out and we carried on after that anyway, the kids played somewhere, things happenend in the background, nobody got fed but nobody died because of this, the house didn't get tidied, a long list of "To Do's" never happenend, the afternoon trundled along  and we were all very happy.

I know I'll pay for ths later somewhere along the line, but today it was just very nice to do bugger all.


Boys sailing in the Channel


1 comment:

  1. The best days ever - I desperately need one of those....P xxx

    ReplyDelete